Saturday 2 June 2007

The Walk

Once I called along Friendship for a walk through the garden of life. We talked about so many things. We were so happy together. On the way we saw Love. Friendship asked her to join us. I didn't want it, but Friendship insisted. So I agreed. Love separated our hands and caught mine. Then Love and I walked ahead into the woods, leaving Friendship behind. She killed herself in grief. I hated Love for this. I never walked again.

Another day, I called along Friendship for a walk through the garden of life. We talked about so many things. We were so happy together. On the way, we saw Love. Friendship asked her to join us. I didn't want it, but Friendship insisted. So I agreed. Love separated our hands and caught mine. I told Friendship to hold my other hand. She did. Love didn't like this. She went away. I was sad, but continued to the woods with Friendship.

I called along Friendship for a walk through the garden of life one day. We talked about so many things. We were so happy together. On the way, we saw Love. Friendship asked her to join us. I didn't want it, but Friendship insisted. So I agreed. Love and Friendship caught each hand of mine. We walked all day.

12 comments:

  1. Whats the original name of Love??
    Etu varae olichu vechirunnu allae??

    ReplyDelete
  2. this doesn't necessarily be my story.. all the characters mentioned are fictitious. Any similarity to living people is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe....nice post i must say.If i had a choice to pick a day from any of the above i would pick the last day..what about you??Or have you already made the choice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. look closer.. i never made the choice.. the choice is never mine..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i never said you made the choice..
    I looked closer and found you in a position of indecision and so i'm asking you to make a choice and if you want help i am always there my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of a message once Varun sent to all of us.
    "You cannot tell your heart what it wants. Your heart will tell you"

    No Gaveno, I think you got it wrong when you used the term 'indecision'. Ever had that feeling when you were driven by a desire that is so powerful that you no more have a choice to make a choice, but follow the voice of the desire, follow the path it dictates. And no, don't ever try and make a choice because 'grief' is waiting for you in both cases. And most importantly, never seek or give help in making choices like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once I called along Friendship for a walk through the garden of life. We talked about so many things. We were so happy together. On the way friendship said that she had grown into love. We were even more happy. We walked along. Soon the pinnacle of happiness gave way to intense arguments. One night she strode off leaving me alone in the woods.

    I don't know whom I miss most, Friendship...or Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the best thing a writer/poet can do is never give explanation for his creation, and let the reader decipher the meanings.. i would like to make so many clarifications in what i've written, but then it wouldn't be fair to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. this discussion confuses me a lot after all a trifle of your feelings can be expressed by joltng them down ...
    i get the point you make gemo..but the thing is that i never had such a strong feeling ever in my life and may be then i would have understood what choices really mean...May be i should just sit back and enjoy life and let everything happen rather than making them happen...

    ReplyDelete
  11. good feel through the story. way to go. i don't fell discussing the story coz i am not yet completely acquainted with all the characters of the story

    ReplyDelete