Tuesday 10 July 2007

Flushing Life down the Drain

The following is nothing but what happened today.. As Einstein once said, everything is relative. So the narration wouldn't be completed without stating the observer - me.

I woke up around 9 am. Don't remember anything that happened before that. There are days when you can't recollect the dreams even if you try hard. So nothing happened till 10:30 am. Oh did i mention waking up at 9? Ya watched TV till then. There's lots to say about TV abuse. I hate it completely when time's spend worthlessly in front of the idiot box, but that's what i end up doing most of the days.

I walked to college with Sedra and Smith in my backpack. No they're not characters in the new Matrix movie. Anyone who's acquainted with that book will acknowledge that my journey was that of ant climbing a hill with a 5 kg stone on his back. And to think that this was the second time i was making the same journey..hoping this one wouldn't be futile.

Thankfully, the library was open this time around. The book had fine.. 10 rs for just 2 days. I smiled, the book wasn't taken in my name. [Clue: In plus Aswin minus Mo]. The smile was instantly wiped off my face. The realisation struck me that I too had to return a book. Another 15 bucks wasted on fine, that too for a book I hadn't opened. I returned to our class.

Iceman had the remedy for my disappointment in his hands, or was it in his pocket? Anyway, soon I had in my hand what he had in his pocket, the mobile having this beautiful song... Oru Venal Puzhayil from the movie Pranayakalm. I was stuck in time-space continuum for the next hour, entrapped, enthralled and entranced. It was already getting late for the second part of my journey. Life takes us through many ways, some certain others uncertain. I wasn't sure exactly where my destination lay.

Mission: Drain at the Bakery
Map of Area: Provided
Target: Uncertain
Aim: Get a replacement drain tube for the washing machine.
Time Limit: Till evening
Armory: 700 bucks, backpack

The mission didn't get off to a good start. I'd to wait for half an hour in front of the college. Senior chechis going back after placements were my only entertainment. If I waited any longer, I would've ended up in some drain by the end of the day. So, I walked to the next junction. My first stroke of luck came in the way of a red monster. It stopped breathing fire in front of me and told me to hop on. It got me close to my destination and went off again, breathing fire as ever.

I walked up a way which I thought would lead me to the target. Little did I know then that I was going farther away from the target. Feeling something fishy, I called my lifeline... She directed me to the right path. Reached the target and acquired the required aim. I wasn't just about to go to the exit without having some fun of my own. Hunger led me to Ambrosia. Then I spend time waiting for my chicken burger ogling at the two chicks seated in the adjacent table. They weren't very pretty, but who cared!

I felt too bored to go back home. So I got down at Sreekariyam and went to my friend's house. We played a game of chess.. I won. Then another friend came along.. We downloaded some songs and videos. I'd suggested to download a song I'd heard long back. Now, back home, I'm hearing that song for the umpteenth time.. The song's Abhi Nahin Aana by Sona. Powerful emotions, don't have any other word to describe it.

Well..what was the purpose of this blog. Such an ordinary day, but revealed one thing that I'm completely crazy about. No it's not TV or gals.

Music is the wine which inspires one to new generative processes, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for mankind and makes them spiritually drunken. ~Ludwig van Beethoven

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....were you drunk last night??
    Is wine that powerful???

    WARNING:Too much tv and too little work can set Grey matter into a state of perennial indolence....

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete