This is a type out of an article that appeared in Mathematics Today magazine in the late 90s. I had gotten hold of a pile of the physics,chemistry and mathematics today magazines from my mom's cousin in the wake of the IIT JEE. When i first saw the article i was so impressed i made a copy of it and stuck it on my wall so that every morning i would wake up reading it! Well.. I never got through the IIT JEE and after reading the article (besides my hardly working attitude and umpteen sleeping disorders i.e.) you will know why!
So strap on guys, its gonna be a long post!
You might be an engineer if:
- if you have no life and you can to prove it mathematically!
- if you enjoy pain
- if you know vector calculus but you cant remember how to do long division
- if you chuckle whenever someone says centrifugal force
- if you have actually used every single function on your graphing calculator
- if when you look in a mirror, you see an engineering major
- if it is sunny and 70 degree outside and you are working on a computer
- if you frequently whistle the theme song of Macgauver(wat?!)
- if you always do homework on friday nights
- if you know how to integrate a chicken and take the derivative of water
- if you think in Math
- if you have calculated that the world series actually diverges
- if you hesitate to look at something because you don't want to break down its wave function
- if you have a pet named after a scientist
- if you laugh at jokes about mathematicians (LMAO!)
- if the human society has arrested you because you have actually performed Schrodinger's cat experiment
- if you can translate English into binary
- if you cant remember whats behind the door in the science building which says EXIT
- if you have to bring a jacket with you in the middle of summer because there is a wind chill factor in the lab
- if you are completely addicted to caffeine
- if you avoid doing anything because you dont want to contribute to the eventual heat death of the universe
- if you consider any non-science course easy
- if the fun centre of your brain has deteriorated from lack of use(in our case this might be grossly untrue)
- if you assume that a Horse is a Sphere to make math easier
- if when your professor asks you where your homework is you claim to have accidently determinded its momentum so precisely that according to Heisenberg it could be anywhere in the universe!!
- if you understood more than 5 of these indicators
- if you make a hard copy if this list and paste it on your door!!
I understood 6 of them! And did make a hard copy and paste it on my wall!! Jeez!! All the same i'm becoming an engineer now! Who cares about these stupid indicators after all..
Ciao and Happy Diwali folks!