Friday 22 May 2009

Flocking

Firefox is the best browser in web-world for me and I've been a faithful follower since the day I first installed it. I've never looked back at IE or more recently Chrome after that unless the webpage demanded it (some sites are still designed to be supported only in IE!).



Then came one day, last week when I happened to see Flock in action. Though it's built on the Firefox engine, the browser has considerably improved features for social networking. The browser is made for the profile. If you sign in to the same computer into email or social networks everyday, this is the browser you should surely check out.

Some of the features I liked were:
* support for gmail, facebook, digg, twitter, blogging etc
* feeds
* media streaming
* update alerts for all of the above
* integration of these features without making much fuss
* Drag and drop support for pics. I draged and dropped that picture directly into this from browser!

On the other side,
* I lost some valuble browsing space in the top due to additional tab
* tried using small icons option as in firefox, but the buttons turned out to be uncontrollably small
* for auto-login, the passwords came up in saved passwords list (I'd used remember me option in firefox. So I never saved important passwords in browser)
* this has forced me to use master password option

Improvement suggestions:
* make it sleeker both at the top and bottom
* integrate gchat instead of facebook chat
* make seperate password list for auto-sign in into features.

Happy flocking everyone..
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

  1. try steraming public photos in the media bar, you can see some great photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx for the advice bro.. I am not judging btech by its 1st yr.. nor am i taking the exams as a parameter..
    its more abt what i dont wanna do in my future.. i would like to go into serious research into areas like particle physics/astrophysics/quantum physics..

    ReplyDelete